Thursday, December 18, 2014

Whirlpool

I'm wrapped up in you
I'm like a bird wrapped up in the wind
I'm gliding on these currents, up
and I'm always falling down again
and you've been on my mind
with those eyes staring out their spell
well, into them here I go again
I fell...
and I can't pull out, I'm in deeper than I knew
I'm sinking in your soul, like a leaf in a whirlpool
spinning 'round
though I'm sitting here so very still
what you touched inside of me
I guess nobody else ever will
and you're always on my mind
you're like a demon there to haunt my day
pretty demon makes me want to run
you make me want to stay
and I can't pull out, I'm in deeper than I knew
I'm sinking in your soul, like a leaf in a whirlpool

Jimmie Spheeris, Whirlpool from Ports of the Heart 1976
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99tEU3a3vFE


No comments: